This winter has just been kicking my butt! I have gathered together a few essentials that I'd like to share with you guys, because without them I don't know if I would have survived this winter.
1. St. Ives- Blemish Control Apricot Scrub I actually got this for free in an Influenster box and I am so glad I did! I absolutely love this stuff. I have used my fair share of facial scrubs and I feel like this one really gets in there and clears my skin. It has helped with blemishes, but mainly I love how clean my skin feels like afterwards. Also, I love the smell of this!
2. Yes to Tomatoes- Daily balancing moisturizer This moisturizer has been such a saving grace! I first use my St. Ives facial wash and then follow up with this and oh my word I have noticed such a difference in my skin! When I first bought it the 'tomato' word scared me haha. Uh, I don't want my face to smell like tomatoes?!! But, I promise it smells nothing like that. It really has no smell and it makes my skin feel so smooth and has definitely aided in clearing it up!
3. Lush- Shower Jelly "Snowman" I'll be honest, when the guy at the Lush store first showed this to my mother-in-law and I, I was very weirded out. Jelly... to rub on my skin? After he demonstrated using it and how nice his skin felt after, I was sold haha. There were other scents and I got my husband the 93,000 miles one, it is just too cinnamon for me. I love the Snowman because it smells so fresh and light. Unfortunately, Snowman is seasonal so they no longer carry it but they have a few others that smell delicious.
4. NYX- Photo-Loving Primer Can I just say, I will never do my face makeup ever again without using a primer. Holy moly, where has this been all my life? (In the makeup aisle Amy, come on). I chose the purple one because it is anti-dull skin, a huge problem I've run into with this dreadful winter weather. My skin has just been so dry and this, along with my moisturizer have helped re hydrate my face.
5. Bodycology- Hand & Body Lotion "Coconut Lime" Aforementioned, this winter I have had an extreme issue with dry skin. I noticed it when we first moved to Colorado, especially on my hands. My knuckles were the worst and would get bright red and crack so bad. I have been using this lotion like crazy, one because it works and two because the smell makes me think of summer haha. This is one of my all time favorite scents (I have this exact same lotion from Bath & Body Works too!).
6. Softlips Cube I love this little lip balm because I've noticed other chap sticks are too waxy. When I try to wear lipstick after putting other chap sticks on it just does not look good. With the Softlips cube I don't have that issue! I can put as much as I want of this on and put on my lipstick no problem. This has prevented me from having cracked dry lips and I'm so happy I bought this! I used to be a huge EOS fan, and if you are, I would suggest trying this out. I only need to apply this once and I'm good for the day. It also has the similar egg shape that EOS has, but it is way better and 100x more hydrating.
And there you have it, my winter essentials! Notice I say essential, because they are not just favorites but they were needed for me to hydrate my skin this winter! I am so ready for the summer time let me tell you. Do you have any winter favorites or must needs? Comment down below, I'd love to hear about different products!