So, as this semester comes to an end, I have accumulated quite a few favorite songs to get me through the day. School is a stressful time, but music has a way of loosening you up and making you feel happy! Also, I love to jam out while cleaning house, which ends up me cleaning and singing my heart out. Below, I will list as well as link the music that has driven my school semester and will drive my summer to greatness! Also, if you click the song titles it will take you to the YouTube video.
1. My all time favorite song in the entire world... Home by Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros. This song puts the biggest smile on my face and puts me in an amazing mood.
2. Human by Christina Perri. This girl can rock a stage and her acoustic versions are bomb. She has such a natural, raw voice that is captivating.
3. Coming Home by Skylar Grey. *skip to 1:00* Skylar and Christina remind me of the other, because of how great their natural voices are. Skylar Grey is an amazing singer live and I cannot get enough of her voice! If you have never heard of her, chances are you've heard of Eminem and Rihanna's duet Love the Way You Lie. Skylar Grey actually wrote this song and has sang a few others with Eminem.
4. Better Dig Two by The Band Perry. Before moving to Utah, I HATED Country. Since moving here, for some reason, I've been on a country kick. This song is addicting and very catchy.
5. Little Did You Know by Alex & Sierra. X Factor winners Alex & Sierra created their own album and this is my absolute favorite. It's a beautiful song and the lyrics are sad, yet mesmerizing.
6. Hanging Tree- Jennifer Lawrence
7. Pistol- Modest Mouse
8. Breezeblocks- Alt-J
9. Elastic Heart- Sia
10. Uptown Funk- Bruno Mars
*bonus because it is a forever favorite* Man of Constant Sorrow- Soggybottom Boys. I also love this version from The Voice's Sawyer!
Well, I hope ya'll enjoyed my very short list of favorites! Maybe I'll post again as my favorites change.