I made these last night for me and J and shared a picture asking if anyone would like to know the recipe! I got a great response and got to work! haha This recipe was very easy to make, and it was something different from what we normally would eat, but it was so delicious!
We are lovers of italian and american food, so what better dish to combine them in? I joked that it is kind of like a pizza burger, you get all the taste of a sausage pizza packed into a little burger. So, that is what I'll call this recipe! 🍕🍔
1 package of meatballs (I used frozen)
1 package of slider buns
Ragu traditional sauce
2 Tbsp Olive oil
~2 cups Mozzarella cheese
2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
1/2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
supplies include, casserole dish, tin foil, and pan for meatballs.
Preheat oven to 350 | Serves 5 | Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook time 20 minutes
(optional) 1. Since I used frozen meatballs, I cooked them first on the stovetop. I spooned in a little Ragu sauce as they were cooking so they would soak up more of the flavor.
2. Place the bottom slider bun on the casserole dish, I kept them packed tight, rather than spreading them out.
3. Take a tablespoon and spoon ragu sauce across each bun. I then topped each bottom slider bun with two-three meatballs, then added some more sauce on top of that.
4. Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese over each slider.
5. Brush the top slider bun with a bit of olive oil, this will help the seasoning stick.
6. In a separate bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
7. Sprinkle this mixture over the top of the buns.
8. Cover the casserole dish with foil and bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
9. Remove the foil from the dish and bake for another 10 minutes.
10. Serve with a spatula and dig in! Use a fork and eat it, or pick it up like a burger!
Notes: I tweaked the measurements for the parmesan and italian seasoning after making this. While the taste wasn't overpowering, it was very messy and I feel too much on top of the slider bun.
And there you have it! A super delicious dish, that won't have you pulling your hair out! I believe the simpler, the better and that is definitely the case with this recipe. Please let me know if you give it a try, I would love to see how it turns out for you! Thank you for reading and I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!