Thank you for reading The Strattons! This post does contain affiliate links. Thank you for supporting & enjoy this blog post!
If you read my post from a little bit ago, you would know I sometimes don't take care of myself. I'll want to stay in bed all day, be lazy, and slack on responsibilities. This post is not only for you who may be feeling a similar mindset, but for me as well.
Taking care of yourself is so important, and yes even if you don't have someone to look good for, it's a great feeling to do it for you. While self care can often times be seen as taking care of yourself physically, you also need to take care of your physical and spiritual well being. Often times doing things for or with others can make you feel better and less alone.
1. Paint your nails & toes (at home or get them done)
2. Tour your town
3. Read the Bible (or pick up Bible journaling)
4. Try a new hairstyle
5. Buy a new outfit
6. Find new outfits through your closet (this saves money & allows you to get creative)
7. Watch your favorite movie
8. Work out
9. Try new meals
10. Do a photoshoot (great gift for you and for your hubby!)
11. Go on a walk
12. See a movie with friends (or go alone, more popcorn for you!)
13. Try a DIY project
14. Visit family
15. Write in a journal
16. Plan out your next week or month (this & this planner look very nice!)
17. Do yoga
18. Read a new book
19. Buy a new plant or tend your garden
20. Volunteer (animal shelter, FRG group events, church nursery, making food for missionaries)
21. Take a long bubble bath (I suggest this bubble bath, it is the best!)
23.Write a letter to someone (I'm sure your spouse would love a letter!)
24. Clean your house (it is never too late to spring clean)
25. Listen to music & create a playlist
26. Learn a new skill or talent (I have yet to learn how to ride a bike & want to!)
27. Play a word game or puzzle
28. Watch the sunset
29. Watch a talk or worship service online
30. Get up early and make breakfast for yourself (challenge: without looking at your phone first!)
What is something that you do to take care of yourself? I'd love to know down below. Taking care of yourself is so important and I've found myself feeling so much happier and productive after doing some of these things. I'm not the best at it by any means, but I encourage you to practice self care, especially when your husband is gone. Stay strong & God bless!